Is There a Difference Between Male and Female in Prayer?
The Difference Between Male and Female in Prayer
Is there any difference between men and women in Prayer?
In the name of Allah, we praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright.
- The way in which women pray is the same as the way in which men pray in every part of the prayer, prostration, sitting, and so on. This is based on the following hadith:
It was narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Pray as you have seen me praying.” (Al-Bukhari) This is addressed to both men and woman.
There is a bit difference in such as women do not have to give adhan or iqamah, because adhan requires raising the voice, which women are not permitted to do.
Imam Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: “Women differ from men in congregational prayer in a number of ways:
- Congregational prayer is not required of them in the same way as it is of men.
- The imam of a group of women stands in the middle of the (first) row.
- (If one woman and one man are praying), she should stand behind him, not next to him.
- If women are praying in rows behind men, the back rows are better for them than the front rows.
Watch this interesting talk with Dr. Muhammad Salah to learn more about the prayer of women and the differences in the Hanafi School of Fiqh.
Source: Huda Youtube Channel.Soucre Link